Monday Musings: 10.14.2013 Edition October 14, 2013Posted by Toy Lady in random stuff.
First, I need to offer apologies – this one is going to be short and sweet – I’ll just hit the highlights:
- Tracking class Saturday – Jar aced it. Of course!
- The cat is . . . well, herself. Prancing around when she gets chance, spitting hate at the dog when she’s in the mood.
- We finally FINALLY got one freezer defrosted – the smaller one, but it’s a start.
- Yes, we have two freezers.
- Went to a raw feeding seminar Sunday (most of Sunday, in fact) – I think we can look forward to some changes (for the better) in Jarly’s diet. Wow, what an eye-opener!
- Pear-ginger yogurt muffins are not bad at all!
And here we are once again – time for the weekly menu plan. We’ll be featuring some buried-in-the-freezer items for the next few weeks, I’m sure – we’ve defrosted the first wave of stuff. I’m afraid, though, this week is going to be awfully red meat- heavy. Next week, turkey and meatless, I promise!
I’m telling you, if we were smart, we’d be eating out the freezer as long as we can, and stashing our grocery money. Actually, we can be pretty smart sometimes!
Monday – Last weekend, we made pernil for the first (but not the last!) time – and, even though we sent some home with The Boy, we still have quite a bit left – certainly enough for Philadelphia Pork Sandwiches – as recommended by Cook’s Country. Hey, it was either that, or shove it in the freezer, which would be counterproductive, don’t you think?
Tuesday – We had one quart of smoked pork in the freezer, and some sauce in the fridge – Peeps will mash some potatoes (haven’t had mashed potatoes in AGES!) and we’ll toss a salad.
Wednesday – Chuck roast becomes a full pot roast dinner – potatoes, carrots, the works.
Thursday – Found an older lamb shank in the freezer – a big one, so I made a kind of lamb ragu with beans – I started with this recipe and tweeked it to suit my needs (what was on hand). I think it’ll work well with some polenta that we had stashed guess where. Yeah – the freezer.
Friday – Okay, for pizza night this week, I am staying with FRESH tomatoes!
Be sure to click on over to The Organizing Junkie’s Monday Menu Plan post for loads and loads of other ideas.